|Suitable candidates are hereby invited to apply for the post of Hydropower Expert who will serve the Greening the Tea Industry in East Africa (GTIEA) Project, located in Mombasa, Kenya.
The GTIEA Project is a Global Environment Facility supported project being co-implemented by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the African Development Bank (AfDB), and executed by the East African Tea Trade Association (EATTA).
The Project aims to increase investments in small hydropower projects in tea industries in East Africa and thereby reduce cost of electricity, increase supply reliability and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Under the guidance of the PMO Director, assist in the overall co-ordination, management and oversight of the project.
- Provide technical assistance to project developers to ensure successful project implementation in consultation with other experts.
- Conduct training and capacity building activities for project developers, including on-site training, select study tours, etc.
- Formulate mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation of effectiveness of capacity building activities.
The details on the scope of work are available on the website.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in engineering, preferably Masters degree
- 10 years experience in planning, design, construction supervision and contract management of hydropower projects, preferably small hydropower projects.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and with wide stakeholders in the private/public sectors, NGOs, community based organisations and donors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Expected salary of USD 5,000 — 5,500 only per month consolidated depending on qualifications and experience.
Non-Kenyans are tax exempted.
The term of the job shall be to July 2011, with the possibility of extension.
Applicants should send a cover letter stating dearly their suitability for the position substantiated by past experience and a completed application form (available on the website), to reach the undersigned not later than 25th June, 2010 at the following contact address:
East African Tea Trade Association — (GTIEA) Project,
P.O. Box 85174— 80100, Mombasa — Kenya
Tel.: +254-41-231941617 Fax: +254-41-2319417
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants shall be notified